For over 35 years, Himmel’s Architectural Door and Hardware has provided quality products and services in the commercial door and architectural specialties industry. Himmel’s is a growing organization with locations in New Orleans, Prairieville, Nashville, and Houston. We pride ourselves as the door opening experts, not simply a construction material supplier. Our family owned and operated company is currently seeking a Warehouse Crew Member to join our team at our Prarieville Location!
The Warehouse Crew position is the heart of our inbound and outbound shipments. This position is scheduled Monday -Thursday 7am – 4:30pm and Friday 7am – 3:30pm with occasional overtime required.
· Operate a forklift to move material
· Ability to read and interpret a picking slip to pull and stage material for delivery
· Receive and verify incoming shipments
· Stocking and loading shipments for distribution
· Maintenance of supply stock
· Other duties as requested or needed
· Competitive compensation and bonuses
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Company paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
· Paid vacation and holidays
· Supplemental/Voluntary Insurance – Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Short-Term Disability,
· Advancement Opportunity to grow your career
· Forklift Certification
· Chauffer’s license
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Ability to effectively perform in an advanced, fast-paced environment both individually as well as part of a team
· Needs to be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, positive and helpful demeanor and possess excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to routinely lift and move objects weighing 40-60 pounds and occasionally up to100 pounds.
· Must pass drug and alcohol screen and successfully complete random screens
Equal access to programs, services and employment opportunities is available to all persons without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state and local laws, applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department. Examples of reasonable accommodations include making a change to the application process; providing written materials in an alternate format such as braille, large print, or audio recording; using a sign language interpreter; using specialized equipment; or modifying testing conditions.