For over 35 years, Himmel’s Architectural Door and Hardware has provided quality products and services in the commercial door and architectural specialties industry. Himmel’s is a growing organization with locations in New Orleans, Prairieville, Houston, and Nashville. We pride ourselves as the door opening experts, not simply a construction material supplier. Our family owned and operated company is currently seeking a Door and Hardware Project Detailer to join our team at our Prairieville Location!
The Detailing Department is the lifeline of our growing business. This position is scheduled Monday -Thursday 7am – 4:30pm and Friday 7am – 3:30pm.
• Communicate with Estimating Dept to see how project was priced and estimated.
• Create jobsite field review reports
• Detail project per spec and plans, with possible VE options needed. This includes checking doors/frames/hardware to spec and making all changes. This also includes handing and locating openings, drawings elevations, correcting finish hardware and lite kit sizing, correcting all preps on doors and frames, reviewing pricing and discounts to make sure everything was priced correctly, reviewing quotes and obtain new quotes on material, sending finish samples of door/frames/hardware, and coordinating specialty item submittals with manufacturers.
• Run material schedules and attached product data of material for full door/frame/hardware submittal package.
• Creating change orders for revisions or pricing.
• Revise and Resubmit projects with RFI, RFP, or general revisions.
• Keep up to date on projects submitted with dates for when material is needed and follow up for approvals.
• Review approved submittals and make corrections noted.
• Experience reading plans & specifications
• Experience using industry specific Detailing software (Comsense or Pro-tech)
• Familiar with Construction Industry
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook & Bluebeam
• Excellent mathematical aptitude & problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively perform in an advanced, fast-paced environment both individually as well as part of a team
• Needs to be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, positive and helpful demeanor and possess excellent customer service skills.
• Must pass drug and alcohol screen and successfully complete random screens
• Competitive compensation and bonuses
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Company paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Supplemental/Voluntary Insurance – Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Short-Term Disability
• Advancement Opportunity to grow your career
Equal access to programs, services and employment opportunities is available to all persons without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state and local laws, applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department. Examples of reasonable accommodations include making a change to the application process; providing written materials in an alternate format such as braille, large print, or audio recording; using a sign language interpreter; using specialized equipment; or modifying testing conditions.