For over 35 years, Himmel’s Architectural Door and Hardware has provided quality products and services in the commercial door and architectural specialties industry. Himmel’s is a growing organization with locations in New Orleans, Prairieville, Nashville, and Houston. We pride ourselves as the door opening experts, not simply a construction material supplier. Our family owned and operated company is currently seeking a Driver to join our team at our Houston Location!
The Delivery Department is the lifeline directly to our customers. The driver position is expected to work as a valued member of the shipping and receiving operations. This position is scheduled Monday – Friday 6am – 3pm with occasional overtime required.
· Operate 18ft automatic Isuzu flatbed trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of door, frame and hardware products and materials
- Perform required before, during, and after operation maintenance and provide HOS reports and picking slip paperwork.
· Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· 1or more year(s) of experience as a delivery driver
· Must have a clean MVR (Motor Vehicle Record)
· Excellent oral & written communication skills
· Ability to effectively perform in an advanced, fast-paced environment both individually as well as part of a team
· Needs to be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, positive and helpful demeanor
· Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations
· Must pass drug and alcohol screen and successfully complete random screens
· CDL license
· Competitive compensation and bonuses
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Company paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
· Paid vacation and holidays
· Supplemental/Voluntary Insurance – Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Short-Term Disability,
· Advancement Opportunity to grow your career
Equal access to programs, services and employment opportunities is available to all persons without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state and local laws, applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department. Examples of reasonable accommodations include making a change to the application process; providing written materials in an alternate format such as braille, large print, or audio recording; using a sign language interpreter; using specialized equipment; or modifying testing conditions.