Accounts Receivable /Collections Clerk
For over 35 years, Himmel’s Architectural Door and Hardware has provided quality products and services in the commercial door and architectural specialties industry. Himmel’s is a growing organization with locations in New Orleans, Prairieville, Houston, and Nashville. We pride ourselves as the door opening experts, not simply a construction material supplier. Our family owned and operated company is seeking a Accounts Receivable/ Collections Clerk to join our team at our Prairieville location.
The Accounts Receivable/ Collections Clerk position is responsible for the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the company. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment for goods and services completed by the company.
This is a full-time hourly position.
· Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
· Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
· Processes credit card payments and credits.
· Adjust accounts as needed.
· Prepares deposits for numerous accounts.
· Prepare/ analyze Accounts Receivable/ Sales reports.
· Review and reconcile contracts/jobs
· Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions/ run credit reports for new customers and determine credit terms
· Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
· Creates reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested.
· Financial Management.
· Ethical Conduct.
· Thoroughness and Detail Oriented
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Basic Excel knowledge – Proficiency in Excel a plus
· · Competitive compensation and bonuses
· · Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· · Company paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
· · Paid vacation time and holidays
· · Supplemental Insurance – Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Short-Term Disability,
· · Advancement opportunity to grow your career
· · Must be at least 18 years of age
· · 2-3 years Accounting experience
· · Advanced proficiency with Excel software
· · Ability to effectively perform in an advanced, fast-paced environment both individually as well as part of a team
· · Needs to be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, strong communication skills and a positive and helpful demeanor
· · Ability to routinely lift and move objects weighing up to 20 lbs
· · Must pass drug and alcohol screen and successfully complete random screens
Equal access to programs, services and employment opportunities is available to all persons without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state and local laws, applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department. Examples of reasonable accommodations include making a change to the application process; providing written materials in an alternate format such as braille, large print, or audio recording; using a sign language interpreter; using specialized equipment; or modifying testing conditions.